Sports Massage is a type of massage therapy which utilizes deep tissue techniques, with the aim of reducing muscular tension, discomfort and pain. Although Gym, or Physical hard activity and Sport participants benefit from sports massage, this method of massage isn’t restricted to sports participants, as the deep tissue massage techniques can be used to treat a wide variety of conditions, such as:
- Muscular and joint injuries such as sprains and strains.
- Postural related pain.
- Golfers and tennis elbow.
- Repetitive strain injuries.
- Back pain.
- Not recommended if you have had recent surgery.
- At any stage of pregnancy
- Severe inflammation
This treatment is good for:
- Reduction in muscle tension, muscular pain and discomfort.
- Increased range of motion, leading to enhanced performance.
- Decreased muscle stiffness and soreness after exercise or physical activity.
- Reduced recovery time post injury
- Increased levels of relaxation and reduction in physical and psychological stress levels.
- Aids sleep quantity and quality.